Last Modified: November 4, 2019
IMPORTANT: PLEASE REVIEW THE MUTUAL ARBITRATION AGREEMENT SET FORTH BELOW CAREFULLY, AS IT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH WHEELS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS (WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A CLASS ACTION) THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. BY ENTERING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS MUTUAL ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS IMPORTANT DECISION.
By using the Platform, you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Consent to Receive Calls, Text Messages, Emails and Other Communications.
You expressly consent to receive and accept communications from Wheels, including via e-mail, telephone calls and text messages, including by automated dialer. You agree that the foregoing authorized communications may be initiated for any transactional, marketing, customer service, debt collection, account administration or other purposes related to your transactions with us by push notifications, text messages, or other comparable means at any of the e-mail addresses and/or telephone numbers provided by you or on your behalf to Wheels. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO CONSENT TO RECEIVE MARKETING OR ADVERTISING COMMUNICATIONS FROM WHEELS BY TELEPHONE CALL OR TEXT MESSAGE SENT BY AN AUTOMATIC TELEPHONE DIALING SYSTEM OR A PRERECORDED VOICE, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO CONSENT TO RECEIVE PRERECORDED OR AUTODIALED PROMOTIONAL, ADVERTISING OR MARKETING (COLLECTIVELY, “MARKETING”) CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES AS A CONDITION OF PURCHASING ANY PROPERTY, GOODS OR SERVICES. IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF MARKETING CALLS, EMAILS OR TEXT MESSAGES FROM US, YOU AGREE TO OPT OUT BY FOLLOWING ANY UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED TO YOU IN THOSE COMMUNICATIONS OR BY CONTACTING US ATsupport@wheels.co. Standard text messaging and data charges charged by your wireless service carrier will apply to text messages we may send. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to approve the receipt of calls and text messages at any telephone number you provide to us in connection with your account or your use of our Services and to approve any related carrier charges. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IF YOU OPT OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, WHEELS MAY STILL SEND YOU COMMUNICATIONS ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT OR ANY TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND WHEELS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT OPTING OUT OF RECEIVING TEXT MESSAGES OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS MAY IMPACT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. Any personal information collected via such communications is processed as outlined in ourPrivacy Notice.
Use of Vehicles; Governing Agreement.
In order to activate and use any Wheels scooters and bicycles (collectively “Vehicle(s)”) offered by and through the Platform, You will be required to (i) provide payment to Wheels as instructed, and (ii) agree to the Wheels Rental Agreement and Release. Your Use of the Vehicles, including any disputes, legal requirements and other obligations of Wheels and You, is governed by the Wheels Rental Agreement and Release. In addition, in the event that a dispute arises out of the use of both the Platform and the Services, which is defined in theWheels Rental Agreement and Releaseand composed of (1) the Vehicles, (2) the Platform and (3) all related information, personnel, and equipment, theWheels Rental Agreement and Releaseshall govern.
Accessing the Platform and Account Security.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Platform, and any service or material we provide on the Platform, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Platform, or the entire Platform, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Platform; and
To access the Platform or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Platform that all the information you provide on the Platform is correct, current and complete. You agree that all personal information you provide to register with this Platform or otherwise, including but not limited to through the use of any interactive features on the Platform, is governed by ourPrivacy Notice, which is part of our Additional Terms incorporated herein by reference as explained above, and you consent to all actions we take with respect to your personal information consistent with our Privacy Notice. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO WHEELS AND THAT SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS ACCURATE.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Platform or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights.
The Platform and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- You may download a single copy of the Mobile Application to your mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features such as plug-ins on or within the Platform, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Platform.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Platform.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Platform or any services or materials available through the Platform.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Platform other than that set out in this section, please address your request to:email@example.com.
The Company name, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personal information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, or screen names associated with any of the foregoing, or otherwise submitting false information.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Platform, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Platform or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Platform, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Platform.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Platform.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Platform or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Platform.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Platform, the server on which the Platform is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Platform.
- Attack the Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any personal information that may be contained on the Platform, the server on which the Platform is stored, or any server, computer, database or information system connected to the Platform.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform.
Reliance on Information Posted.
The information presented on or through the Platform is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Platform, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Platform may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Platform.
We may update the content on this Platform from time to time, at our sole discretion, but its content may not necessarily or always be complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Platform may be out-of-date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Platform.
Personal information that we collect on this Platform is subject to ourPrivacy Notice. By using the Platform, you consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your personal information in compliance with thePrivacy Notice.
The owner of the Platform is based in the state of California in the United States. Access to the Platform may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Platform from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Platform will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE PLATFORM. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PLATFORM, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE PLATFORM OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
BINDING ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Dispute Resolution. Certain portions of this Section are deemed to be a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). You and Wheels expressly agree and intend that this Section satisfies the “writing” requirement of the Federal Arbitration Act. This Section can only be amended by mutual agreement. For purposes of this Section, “Claims” means collectively, and without limitation, any and all claims, injuries, demands, liabilities, disputes, causes of action (including statutory, contract, negligence, or other tort theories), proceedings, obligations, debts, liens, fines, charges, penalties, contracts, promises, costs, expenses (including attorneys’ fees, whether incurred pre-litigation, pre-trial, at trial, on appeal, or otherwise), damages of any kind whatsoever (including consequential, compensatory, or punitive damages), or losses (whether known, unknown, asserted, non-asserted, fixed, conditional, or contingent) that arise from or relate to (i) the Platform, including any and all contents, materials and software related thereto, and/or (ii) Your use of the Platform.
- Initiating Arbitration. To begin an arbitration proceeding, You must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing Your claim to Wheels at 8730 Sunset Blvd., Suite 290, Los Angeles, California 90069. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Procedure Rules in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated, excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by JAMS's rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Jose, California or at such other venue (and pursuant to such procedures) as is mutually agreed upon. You can obtain JAMS procedures, rules, and fee information as follows: JAMS: 800.352.5267 and http://www.jamsadr.com.
- Fees. You and Wheels will pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but if applicable arbitration rules or laws require Wheels to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this Section to be enforceable, then Wheels will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. Arbitration rules may permit You to recover attorneys’ fees. Wheels will not seek to recover attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND WHEELS EACH AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDING WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. You and Wheels each agree that such proceeding shall take solely by means of judicial reference pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure section 638.
- Limited Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WHEELS WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WHEELS MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH HEREIN) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED. Commencing means, as applicable: (i) by delivery of written notice as set forth herein; (ii) filing for arbitration with JAMS as set forth herein; or (iii) filing an action in state or federal court. This provision will not apply to any legal action taken by Wheels to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with any losses (or potential losses) relating to the Platform, intellectual property rights of Wheels, and/or Wheels’ of the Platform.
Term and Termination.
Waiver and Severability.
Your Comments and Concerns.
The contracting entity is Wheels Labs, Inc. located at:
8730 Sunset Blvd., Suite 290
Los Angeles, California 90069
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Platform should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article is closed for comments.