If you are a first-time rider on our platform or need a quick safety refresher, here are our safety recommendations/guidelines before you kick-start your next ride:
- Perform a Pre-Ride Safety Check - This check involves the quick-3-step procedure which will ensure that your vehicle is in good working condition:
- Press the handbrake to ensure it's taught
- Check tires to verify they are not damaged
- Visually inspect the vehicle body for cracks or other structural damage
If the vehicle is not working well, or it's physically damaged, please report it to Helbiz Customer Support immediately. You can do this directly from the App by tapping on the scooter, then on the information point icon (i) > Damaged Vehicle.
- Helmet Usage - While local laws and regulations vary on helmet requirements, we recommend wearing a helmet when possible or required. For minors, helmets are required.
- 1 to 1 Usage - Our vehicles can be used exclusively by one rider; you must not ride with a second person on a vehicle. Improper use of a vehicle will result in a violation of the terms and conditions and may lead to a fine.
At this moment our users may check out only one vehicle per user account/phone. In order to ride, every rider will have to use their own phone to download our App and sign up. Keep in mind, though, that one credit card can be associated with multiple accounts. Each rider must have an account and agree to our Terms and Conditions, validate age, and upload identification (as needed for state regulation).
If you have any questions, please reach out to our support team through this form. We recommend that all riders should practice safe riding, including the use of a helmet. We believe a safe ride is a fun ride! Our vehicles are created to be used for fun by one adult only.